Academic Records Office
Whom should I contact for information?
- Your advisor has been assigned to assist you in determining the course sequence in fulfilling your program requirements. Please see your academic advisor to assist you in determining your eligibility for graduation.
What are the requirements for graduation?
- Must be admitted to the curriculum and program model under which you plan to graduate. Please note: A minimum of one course required for graduation must be completed after the effective term of the program for that catalog year.
- Must satisfactorily complete the required number of hours and courses for the curriculum enrolled.
- Have achieved a 2.0 program grade-point ratio on all courses that apply toward graduation in the program.
- Paid all fees and other financial obligations due the College.
- File the official Application for Graduation with the Academic Records Office.
Where do I apply for graduation?
- The Application for Graduation may be completed in Enrollment Services located in the Student Services building. Students may also complete the application at Application for Graduation. Please remember to print the application after completing it and bring it to Enrollment Services.
When should I apply to graduate?
- If you plan to participate in the graduation ceremony, which is held at the end of the Spring term, you must apply by March 2 of the academic year in which you plan to graduate.
- If you do not plan to participate in the graduation ceremony, you may apply at any time, but we suggest you apply at the beginning of the term in which you plan to graduate.
Who is eligible to participate at graduation?
Students who have completed graduation course work for a degree or diploma in the Fall
semester of the pervious year or those who anticipate completing course work in the
Spring or Summer term of the current year.
Note: Students completing a certificate program are not eligible to participate in the graduation ceremony.
Will I receive my degree or diploma the night of graduation?
- Everyone who walks across the stage at the ceremony will receive an award cover with a congratulatory note from the College.
- The actual degree or diploma earned will be issued from the Academic Records Office approximately six weeks after the end of the term in which the student completes graduation requirements.
Which honor awards are recognized in the graduation program?
- Phi Theta Kappa
- Who's Who Among Students in American Junior Colleges
- Honor Graduates (3.50 GPA or higher in all course work at the College through the Fall semester of the year of graduation).
- Honor graduates who participate in the graduation ceremony receive an honor cord.
How are students selected to receive the President's Award?
- Selected students who have achieved academic excellence or made outstanding contributions to the College and who are participating in the graduation ceremony are honored at the ceremony by being presented with the President's Award.
- Students are selected by their academic division.
How do I obtain a Replacement or Duplicate Award?
- To obtain a replacement or dupilcate award certificate, please fill out the Replacement-Duplicate Award Request Form and submitt it online to the Academic Records Office.
The Annual Graduation Ceremony will be held at Winthrop University Coliseum on May 12, 2015 at 7 p.m.
Guidelines for Guests
- Please arrive at Winthrop Coliseum at least 30 minutes early.
- Graduation is a formal, dignified ceremony. Please be courteous to other guests and observe silence during the ceremony so families can hear all of the graduation candidates' names as they are called.
- Due to the formal nature of the ceremony, families are advised not to bring children under the age of six in order to minimize disruption of the ceremony.
- Winthrop Coliseum and York Technical College do not allow eating, drinking, smoking, or cell phone use during the graduation ceremony.
THIS PAGE IS MAINTAINED BY ACADEMIC RECORDS
While every effort is made to ensure the completeness and accuracy of the information supplied on this web server, York Technical College is not responsible for any errors or omissions, external links, or individual opinions.
LAST UPDATED: 03/12/15
Comments on this website, email email@example.com