Academic Records Office
Transfer and Exemption Credit
Advanced Placement Testing Program (AP) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
Students enrolled at York Technical College may apply to receive credit for Advanced Placement (AP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), or International Baccalaureate (IB). Subject Area tests for which there is a comparable York Technical College course. Students who wish to receive such credit must arrange to have their AP or CLEP scores sent from the College Board Testing Service to the Academic Records Office. For further information, students should contact the Academic Records Office.
- For students wishing to transfer courses from another postsecondary institution, these guidelines apply: Students must have official transcripts of completed courses from postsecondary institutions attended sent to the College.
- Course credit must have been earned at a postsecondary institution accredited at the college level by a nationally recognized regional accrediting agency or by a nationally recognized health accrediting agency for hospital-based transfer credit. Coursework completed at either hospital or college-sponsored accredited radiologic technology programs that are recognized by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology is eligible for consideration.
- To receive transfer credit in a program, a course must be required or approved as an elective in the curriculum being entered.
- A grade of "C" or better must have been earned in each course to be considered for transfer.
- Course credits being transferred must have been earned within the last twelve years unless a degree or diploma was earned.
- Credit for the courses to be transferred must show on an official transcript from the granting institution.
- Credits transferred from other institutions may not exceed seventy-five percent of the total credits required by York Technical College for graduation.
- Courses transferred into a curriculum must have equivalent credits and be comparable to York Technical College courses which are required or approved as electives in the curriculum. These courses will be assigned a grade of "TR" and will not be calculated in the grade-point ratio (GPR).
- Students eligible to receive transfer credit in a curriculum must enroll in that curriculum within two semesters of the time the credit is approved.
- Students seeking additional credit options may consider exemption tests offered through the college.
Transfer of Military Credit
York Technical College awards exemption and/or transfer credit for appropriate educational experiences in the armed services. In determining credits to be awarded, recommendations provided in the Guide to the Evaluation of Education Experiences in the Armed Services, published by the American Council on Education, are considered.