Lottery Tuition Assistance Program
- Nearly all students who are South Carolina residents qualify, regardless of financial need.
- Your eligibility is not based on how much you earn.
- You do not have to attend full-time to qualify. Learn how this works
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Be a resident of South Carolina.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or a permanent resident that meets the definition of an eligible non-citizen under the State residency statutes.
- Enroll in at least 6 credit hours in an associate or eligible certificate or diploma program for each term of enrollment.
- Certify that as a student you are not in a default status and do not owe a refund or repayment on any state or federal financial aid.
- Must earn at least a cumulative 2.0 GPA (grade point average) after attempting 24 credit hours by the end of the academic year.
- Must not be eligible for or be a recipient of the LIFE Scholarship.
- Must not receive Lottery Tuition Assistance for more than one certificate, diploma or degree earned within any five-year period unless the additional certificate, diploma or degree constitutes progress in the same field of study.
- NOTE: If you meet one of the conditions below, you may waive the FAFSA requirement by completing the Lottery Tuition Assistance Waiver Form:
- You have a Bachelor's Degree and provide a transcript or copy of your degree.
- You are enrolled in a program that is not eligible for Title IV federal aid.
- You are a dependent student who is unable to obtain a parent's or parents' federal tax return(s) (documentation required).
- You are a high school student enrolled in a dual credit program.
- Student and/or family has an adjusted gross income of at least $80,000
THIS PAGE IS MAINTAINED BY THE FINANCIAL RESOURCES OFFICE
Send E Mail to: Justin Pichey
While every effort is made to ensure the completeness and accuracy of the information supplied on this web server, York Technical College is not responsible for any errors or omissions, external links, or individual opinions.
LAST UPDATED: 02/25/15
Comments on this website, email email@example.com