Counseling Services provides short-term personal counseling for students who are experiencing a variety of concerns, completely free of charge. These services are intended to assess students’ well-being, offer appropriate tools for managing personal matters, and determine appropriate steps for ensuring their continued success.
Referrals to Off-Campus Services
Counseling Services is a wonderful place to begin receiving assistance and support. In some cases, students utilize Counseling Services to receive referrals to appropriate off-campus resources. Counselors will also recommend this referral process for concerns which warrant a more long-term counseling relationship.
Counselors who offer personal counseling services hold a Master’s Degree in a human services field such as Counseling or Social Work. Counselors may also hold related credentials, such as certifications and licensure.
Our staff is available to assist with a variety of concerns, including:
- Stress and issues related to balancing school with other demands
- Mental health concerns such as depression, chemical abuse/dependency, and eating disorders
- Academic challenges, such as test-taking anxiety
- Personal matters, such as parenting challenges, marriage/relationship issues, and grief
- Managing personal crises and trauma
Please call or visit our office in person to schedule an appointment with a Counselor
within Counseling Services. .